Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Friday, January 29, 2016

Dear 2016, you rock!

I've been skinnier, a lot skinner. I've been stronger, more athletic. All these things are in the past though. Where they belong. Right now I say screw all those things I used to be because now in this moment there's one thing I have never been and that is prouder. I can't remember a time in my life that I have felt this empowered and motivated.

I told myself this year would be my year and I am making that happen. Feeling great, losing weight, strengthening my body, learning, growing. What could be better?

I love squats. Like LOVE them. Who would've thought, certainly not me. My 1 1/2 year old son even does them sometimes now. Monkey see, monkey do. The first time I saw him squat with me I smiled so big. I was so proud. I was being the example I wanted to be. Again, what could be better?

Tricep body dips make me feel pumped up, upping the weight on my dumbbells and barbell makes me feel strong.

I am committed to this new journey. I have even worked out on my lunch break. I keep up with posts of inspiring fit women and moms, I have found yet another way to connect with my best friend in the world by being swole sisters and I have even been reading an actual book for more than a day. It's about  nutrition, fitness and the mind. I am still on the nutrition part of it but excited to get to the rest. It's called The Body Book by Cameron Diaz. Check it out! Because if it's a book I read daily it has to be winner.

One month into this new lifestyle and I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to see what all the days to come have to offer.

Good vibes,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment