Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Leftovers Inspiration



The recipe calls for:                                                                                        
1 1/2 cups spaghetti squash                                                                                                  
1 cup chopped spinach                                                                       
1/4 cup savory garlic cooking creme                                                    
salt & pepper                                                                                    
grated parmesan cheese
                                                                                                       
-- Heat a little olive oil in a medium size pan.
-- Add the squash, spinach & cooking creme to the pan.  Mix until the creme has melted into a sauce.
-- Add some salt & pepper to taste, give it a stir then it's ready!
-- Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top & enjoy.

This is a very easy & fast meal to make or it could even be just a side dish.  I came up with this idea when I had some homemade leftover creamed spinach.  "Use what you have."  I wanted to make something different then my normal spaghetti squash recipes.  Since the creamed spinach already had cheese in it, nothing needed to be added to it.  It became a sauce just like this recipe did.  Since I had no more leftovers I decided to make my own version of it.  Other options could be to use a different cooking creme by Philadelphia or use your favorite Laughing Cow flavored cheese triangles.  There are a quite a few different flavors to choose from, just check your local grocery store.  You could also replace the squash with a pasta of your choice. 

1 comment: