Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Friday, August 31, 2012

Cinnamon, A Metabolism Booster!


Studies have shown that cinnamon can boost your metabolism.  Not saying it will boost it for the whole day or raise your metabolism in the long run, but by using cinnamon your metabolism can boost 8% for about 20 minutes after consumption.  This isn’t a huge boost, but it’s something.  I know when I am on a diet or trying to loose a few I will take any calorie save or calorie burner to help me meet my goals.

Here are some great foods to add cinnamon to:
-- Coffee, sprinkle some in each cup you have.
-- A multi-gran english muffin with a little spray butter.
-- Applesauce
-- Emeralds Roasted Cinnamon Almonds.
-- Oatmeal
-- Cinnamon Burst Cheerios
-- Iced Tea (Click here for Dr. Oz’s recipe)

A lot of these are breakfast foods or snacks, but with fall around the corner this is a perfect time to add the flavor more into your meals as well.  I know every time the season comes around I always see different dinner recipes either in magazines or from family/friends that use this spice.  A big one around the holidays is sweat potatoes.  In my research I have found it is also very common to add cinnamon to meats.
I will be sure to post about a yummy cinnamon spiced dinner recipe I try!  In the mean time if anyone has any to share, feel free! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment