Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Salmon Salad

This recipe is as easy to make as your basic tuna or chicken salad.  You can have it alone or as a sandwich.  For lunch one day I brought just the salad to work.  I had some leftover Kellogg's Savory Herb Crackers so I added a little of the salad to each cracker.  This helped fill me up more and they went very well together.  You could also probably make this into a sort of spread instead of salad as well by adding more olive oil and mustard.  This would keep the salad on the crackers better.  For those that aren't a fan of capers, a nice substitute could be some chopped up olives, green or black.  I think the flavor of olives would go just as good with this salad recipe.


The recipes calls for:

1 cup flaked salmon
1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp capers
fresh dill, chopped

-- Cook the salmon, let it cool and then use a fork to make it flake,
-- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl.  Add as much dill as your taste buds prefer.
-- Pair the salad with something you like or eat it by itself and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment