Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Saturday, January 19, 2013

Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups

The recipe calls for:
8 whole wheat lasagna noodles
14 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup park-skim ricotta cheese
1 large egg white
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 medium roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup marinara sauce
a dash of pepper


 -- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Cook the lasagna noodles like the package says.  Once they are done, spread the noodles on parchment paper.
-- Whisk together the ricotta cheese and egg white in a large bowl.  Then add 12 oz of mozzarella cheese, the parmesan cheese, the garlic and pepper to the bowl.  Mix well.
-- Add 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture to each lasagna noodle and spread evenly.  Top each noodle with 4 slices of the tomato and then some basil.  Roll each lasagna noodle.
-- Put 1/2 cup of marinara sauce into a 11 by 7 baking dish and spread it on the bottom so it's even.  Place all the lasagna roll ups in the baking dish and top each noodle with a little bit of the remainder of sauce, mozzarella cheese and a little basil.
-- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.  It will smell amazingly yummy! :)



This was honestly the best lasagna I've ever had.  I loved the fresh sliced tomatoes in this recipe as opposed to the ton of red sauce that's in regular lasagna.  I also prefer how this recipe doesn't have any beef or meat at all in it.   It is a great spin off regular lasagna that is healthy and a little different yet still so enjoyable!  To make it a little healthier than the original recipe I used the wheat noodles and to please my taste buds I added the garlic.  TRY IT!  You won't be disappointed, I promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment