Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Monday, August 5, 2013

Delicious Baked Sweet Potato

 
The recipe calls for:
1 sweet potato
cooking oil
salt/pepper
garlic powder
spray "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter"
olive oil
 
-- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
-- Spray cooking oil on a baking dish.
-- Thinly slice the potato, but not all the way through.
-- Place the potato into the baking dish and drizzle it with some olive oil.  Spray some butter on the potato as well and then add as much garlic powder as you like and a little salt/pepper.
-- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.  The top of the potato will be a little crispy.
 
Let it cool for a little and enjoy!  It will melt in your mouth. :)
 
Other options could be like I made the sweet potato slices on the grill, instead of garlic powder, salt and pepper use some sugar substitute and cinnamon.  I wouldn't add the brown sugar until the last ten minutes in the oven to prevent it from burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment