Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Friday, March 14, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken

Anytime we are able to use the crock pot is a good thing because it's just so easy.  Well, Shoprite keeps sending us super coupons and this was one of them, a free chicken!  How could we pass that up?  It's healthy, protein and the way we made it was delicious.

The recipe calls for:
a whole chicken
2 tbs + 2 tsp of jamaican spice
1 tbs brown sugar
a few dashes of lime juice
 
-- Skin the chicken, put it in the crock pot and put the above ingredients on the chicken.  It's that easy!
-- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
 
I was so pleased with how it came out and the gravy it made was really good.  Nothing else needs to be added to it, ton of flavor.  Use any spice you like doesn't need to be jamaican.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment