Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crab Deviled Eggs For Easter






The recipe calls for:

4 oz lump crab meat
6 hard boiled eggs
1/2 stick chopped celery
2 tbs mascarpone cheese
1 tbs mayo
1 tbs sour cream
1 tbs dijon mustard
1 tbs lemon juice
3 tbs chopped fresh chives
salt & pepper

-- Add & mix the crab meat, celery, cheese, mayo, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice & chives together in a medium mixing bowl. Add some salt & pepper to your likely.
-- Cut the hard boiled eggs into halves. Remove the yolk & discard.
-- Spoon the crab mixture into the egg halves & serve.

Never made deviled eggs before so when I was looking at recipes I came across this one with crab & had to make it. I like the traditional deviled eggs so I made some of those too for tomorrow, but these are much tastier! I suggest maybe using only 1 tbs of the cheese if you want it less calories. The good thing about this recipe is the yolk (the "bad" part of the egg) is not added to the mixture so it cuts out some fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment