Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Recipe

Easter is coming up & I want to make something to bring.  I am not sure what to cook. Decisions, decisions. I haven't cooked for awhile actually. I want to get back into it.

Should I make an appetizer, side dish or dessert? I am leaning towards a side dish or dessert.

My Valentine's Day appetizer was a hit & festive with hearts. First time I've made it. It was time consuming so I want to do something a little easier to put together for Easter. I want to make something cold or room temperature. I don't want to be dealing with an oven because hopefully it will be warmer weather by then! If I make a dessert I want it to be cute & festive like for the v-day party. Either that or a salad of some sort maybe.

Fried eggplant with some cheese & fresh basil.

By the way, my $1.99 basil pot I purchased is actually working! Nothing edible yet, but it's growing. Hopefully it keeps growing & I didn't just jinx it. Not a lot of sun for it lately though. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is adorable....I would just make one big one in a trifle bowl

    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easter-bunny-pudding-desserts-53227.aspx

    - Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for the idea Hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dessert would be fun and cute, but my dad is making a carrot cake. I think I am leaning towards making deviled eggs. I have never made them before and there is different ways to. I am thinking some regular, some crab.

    ReplyDelete