Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Good Choices - Smoothies


Instead of ice cream last night I decided to have something similar that would feed my craving, but that was healthy and had a lot of good things for my body in it.  I posted about this last year when it started to get warmer out, but now I finally got a smoothie drink holder so I can travel with it and not just drink it at home.  This has 1 cup of skim milk, a bag of the frozen Yoplait smoothie mix and a touch of water.  Remember they are located in the frozen desserts section at the grocery store and there are many flavors to choose from.  There are a couple new flavors this year:  Greek Mixed Berry, Greek Strawberry Banana Orange & Chocolate Strawberry in addition to Chocolate Banana (pictured), Triple Berry, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Mango Pineapple & Blueberry Pomegranate.  There's a smoothie for everyone!
Other things that could be added to them to make it your own are: fat free peanut butter for some more protein or protein powder, brewed coffee for an on the go breakfast, any additional fruit of your choice or Nutella for a treat.  You could also use less milk and more water to have it be an even lighter drink.  With the skim milk it is 130 calories a serving or about 280-300 calories for the whole blended mixture.  I think next time I want to try less milk, maybe 3/4 cup and then 1/4 cup of water instead or I may add just a 1/2 cup of milk and a 1/2 cup of brewed espresso so I can save some money on my morning coffee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment