Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Saturday, February 20, 2016

Why do we only eat pumpkin in the fall?

I get why pumpkin is huge in the fall, makes sense. But when baking canned pumpkin is usually always used and that may not be in your front display now but it's still sold in the baking aisle.

I LOVE pumpkin and decided I couldn't wait until fall. I found this recipe and it sure was a delicious breakfast. 


The recipe calls for:

1 cup pumpkin purée
2 1/4 cup oatmeal or steal cut oats***
2 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
4 tbsp coconut butter
1/2 cups + 2 tbs organic maple syrup
1 tbsp pure vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda 
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 

-- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-- Line or spray the muffin pan with baking oil. 
-- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor or blender.
-- Fold in the chocolate chips or use them to top each muffin.
-- Fill the muffin tin 3/4 of the way.
-- Bake in the oven for 22-24 minutes and let cool.

*** So I didn't use oatmeal because the recipe I found said "rolled oats" which I now know just means oatmeal. Instead I bought steel cut oats which I've never had before but knew they were very healthy for you. Because of this I'm sure my muffins are a different texture then the recipe I saw but I like it. Makes the muffins hearty and fills you. 

One batch I only topped the muffins with some chocolate chips and the second batch I mixed them in the batter. 

ENJOY!


2 comments: