Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Thursday, February 11, 2016

Winged it, Balsamic Chicken

Pesto chicken was on the menu for dinner tonight but silly me forgot my son hasn't had pine nuts yet and can't try them until he's two so I had to quickly think of something else. I had leftover balsamic yogurt dressing from salads we had recently and also some leftover part skim ricotta cheese from a 21 day fix recipe I made. I hate wasting food so I used what I had and made this recipe up. I think it came out good! Only a few ingredients needed, healthy and easy to make. 


The recipe calls for:

balsamic yogurt dressing 
chicken breasts
part skim ricotta cheese
balsamic vinegar (optional)

-- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
-- Spray baking dish with coconut oil or whatever you use. Add the chicken to the dish. Marinate the chicken in the balsamic yogurt dressing. 
-- Put chicken in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. It would be longer if you used regular chicken breasts as opposed to the tenders I used.
-- Add a couple small spoonfuls of the ricotta cheese on top of the chicken breasts. Put back in the oven for a couple more minutes to melt the cheese.
-- Once the chicken was done I added a splash of balsamic vinegar but it's not necessary. There is plenty of flavor without it. 

The yogurt dressings are found by the bagged lettuce mixture, the refrigerated area in produce. It's the only kind of dressing I buy anymore. There are a variety of flavors to pick from, some grocery stores have different kinds so look around for your favorite. Marinating chicken in any of the flavors would be delicious I think too, just maybe different toppings to go with that specific flavor.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment